Denied Stop Defibbing to Kidnap

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Generic

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 24, 2020
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Prevents people from defibrillating dead players to then take hostage.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Taking hostages shouldn't happen as often as it does, having medics defib the dead and helpless just to take hostage for 15-20 minutes is very annoying. If you engage in a combat situation, you shouldn't expect to be kidnapped after you die. It requires no effort from whoever is taking you hostage and the hostage RP isn't needed as often as it is happening.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Hostage taking is all about money, players do it because of the economy. Hardly ever do they actually interrogate the prisoners.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Having this suggestion accepted means that players get to enjoy going out onto surface and not worry for whether after one death they will have to sit in a cell for 20 minutes. People who enjoy combat don't want it interrupted just cause others want money.

Stopping defib hostage taking doesn't stop all hostage taking, it is more realistic for players to put other players under fearrp when taking them hostage as opposed to having to defibrillate dead ones.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
average steve the generic skill issue suggestion -support

Free "Spirit"

Apr 30, 2023
Shocker that CI would -support it.
bro im not even in the CI regiment i play gensec and class D i just see how much of a skill issue it is on your part darren and saphira might be in ci but im not

this just seems you are shocked that people are - supporting your suggestion

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
+Support, how about instead ratioing just give valid points wowww, something not thought off,
1 additional reason for this to be added is so CI dont profit off every surface regiment for money instead of creating RP with the hostage,
another thing to add is the constant toxicity that has been experienced during these hostages,
CI have the mind set that they are entitled to hostage money at least 3-5 times a day

Sylveon

Game Master
Game Master
Jul 25, 2022
- Support

This works both ways, Combat Medics, Regular Doctors, Consultants, NU-7 Medics, can all Defib to capture as well.

Foundation rarley want to RP with CI to even begin with, and negotiations are one of the things that actually force the foundations hand to RP with them.

Fishy

Sep 18, 2022
- Support

This works both ways, Combat Medics, Regular Doctors, Consultants, NU-7 Medics, can all Defib to capture as well.

Foundation rarley want to RP with CI to even begin with, and negotiations are one of the things that actually force the foundations hand to RP with them.
I agree on this working both ways, HOWEVER, the frequency or the amount of times that CI have been kidnapping people on surface is starting to get irritating to other players who play surface, Negotiations are not " something that forces foundation to RP" Hostage negotiations have been continuously used as a way to make money and milk surface operatives for money, i could atleast maybe atleast once every 3 days a CI gets captured and then sold, however on CI's end they have been doing it every moment, I will literally hop on CI in 5 minutes to show you how it looks like.

Dozer

Donator
Mar 12, 2023
-support
as an nu7 i dont understand how this is an issue lmao
if you have time to sit all day on surface you'll have time to give 5k/10k to the ci who kidnapped you after a few minutes

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
+support MRP doesn't have defibs for capturing and it works just fine

Walnut

Jan 26, 2023
+support, foundation ability to defib v ci is not comparable, nu7 medic whitelist has a bad loadout and combat medics hardly go to surface because they arent part of a regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.