Denied Suggestion on G.O.C Thermal Goggles

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds the thermal goggles back for GOC.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Increase the tactical RP we have whenever a surface breach or surface anomaly. Balance the flaws that we might have before when the goggles first came out.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
People might think that it is too strong. (Based on previous experience)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I have read through some other suggestions and posts and understand the concerns that we have about thermal goggles being considered "overpower" but I would like to state this, thermal goggles are powerful because of their sustainability of ability to be used for as long as the user wants. Because when you can constantly know the enemies' positions that do somehow being a very pain in the butt issue. So I suggest we set a similar "battery" system on to those goggles which means it needs to be recharged after a certain of use time, limit their time to be put into combat, and force them to be used when you have a clear idea of what you want to spot for. I think this can increase the overall fun during battle and balance out the flaw of constantly knowing where targets are by just spamming the goggles on.

Cosmic

Apr 25, 2022
-Support

Thermal goggles still thermal goggles even with cooldown, a sniper is one shot kill so he only needs a few seconds to see them and there dead already

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
-Support

Thermal goggles still thermal goggles even with cooldown, a sniper is one shot kill so he only needs a few seconds to see them and there dead already
But this is under the assumption of GOC is a war-thirsty or bloodthirsty group. Which is against our mission of fivefold.

brewr

Jun 23, 2022
Scotland
I would be in support of this IF the Foundation and C.I. factions got this as well for specific roles.

On the surface areas it is quite dark and hard to point out an enemy. Having a job with a NVG tool for outside would be a great addition IMO.

Jam

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 10, 2022
+1

GOC isn't meant to be a war-party at all, giving the factors that we have a forced low-playercount it is just reasonable to give it strong features which were removed for whatever reason SL had. If we are happen to be in war we realistically have a low chance with the given factors of our set playerlimit and strong features are needed to balance this out.

Cosmic

Apr 25, 2022
But this is under the assumption of GOC is a war-thirsty or bloodthirsty group. Which is against our mission of fivefold.
Many CI and GOC wars have happened that have litteraly been hours of just killing eachother on surface and GOC airstriking a raid....

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
My point is the combat should be balanced? Nothing to do with resolving the conflicts
The combat is already balanced since thermal is considered AA, so only a cl4+ auth is possible. Second of all is GOC sniper rifle not good compare to what CI and F have right now. The time for the GOC sniper to take one shot is enough for CI or F to take two shots as the S-TAC has a huge drawback whenever firing a shot.
Also by means of AA is you can only take 2 every "30 mins" (1800 sec)

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
The combat is already balanced since thermal is considered AA, so only a cl4+ auth is possible. Second of all is GOC sniper rifle not good compare to what CI and F have right now. The time for the GOC sniper to take one shot is enough for CI or F to take two shots as the S-TAC has a huge drawback whenever firing a shot.
Also by means of AA is you can only take 2 every "30 mins" (1800 sec)
The S-TAC is about the same as a Barret, its not balanced with the SVD Drugunov however.

Snow

Jan 31, 2023
-support
unneeded change while it would be funny to see them in action

"Resolve"

Dec 10, 2022
-SUPPORT
Dont really see a need for it. I cant speak for everyone but ive never in my hours on the server had an issue with seeing someone even at long distances (Even on surface its always covered in snow and all the main groups have dark colors making them stick out a lot). Also for something that has such a small impact on RP and the server it would add a good bit for our devs to do.

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
huh UK goc are war mongering people fucking jason M starts more wars than the entirety of the taliban literally me laughing caused a war i wish i was joking if this was added it would be even worse

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
The scope of S-TAC off centered for every shot it takes if this is the case we will kindly trade S-TAC for the SVD :ROFLMAO:
S-tac is amazing it used to be a ci sniper and i can hit some mad shots with the S-TAC i even got clips S-TAC is a good sniper its silent

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
The scope of S-TAC off centered for every shot it takes if this is the case we will kindly trade S-TAC for the SVD :ROFLMAO:
your logic doesnt make sense S-TAC and barret are equal Ci SvD iS sTrOnGeR it isnt considering Barret and svd is equal with S-tac making up for it with superior zoom etc SVD BARRET= SAME STATS

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
your logic doesnt make sense S-TAC and barret are equal Ci SvD iS sTrOnGeR it isnt considering Barret and svd is equal with S-tac making up for it with superior zoom etc SVD BARRET= SAME STATS
I never said S-TAC and Barret are equal in fact this was never the main idea of this post. As I still do not understand why we kept bringing in sniper arguments in this. And S-TAC in my opinion is just the worst compare to all existing snipers right now.

legionnaires6

Jul 23, 2022
The whole idea of this post is to balance out the goggles to make it usable and as for why UK GOC is constantly involve into war is somewhat ridiculous in my view. Because on the US foundation and CI respect fairly when it comes to relations with GOC. Frictions supposedly to be respecting the power GOC have in order to achieve communications and diplomatic relationships. If CI and foundation on UK simply just want to use GOC as power gain or trying to gain excessive force for their own benefit then that’s a failure on UK for them not being able to withheld their professionalism and decency to RP.

Reactions: Darren
Status
Not open for further replies.