Not open for further replies.

Casey Solburn

Oct 19, 2022
Steam ID:
STEAM_0:1:120076905
Discord name:
thisis_jack
For how long have you played on CG SCP:
A year and a half, since the start of June 2022, 1540 hours as of writing.
In what country are you located?:
England
Time zone:
GMT
Character name(s):
Daniel 'Jack' Hammer
Civilian name:
'Nail'
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?:
Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Ethics Committee Assistant, Site Manager, Site Advisor, E-11 SPC, DEA Senior Agent, IA Ambassador, SCP-096, CI-B
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
View attachment 12001

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the role of Ethics Committee Member.

The reason I am applying for Ethics Committee Member is my extensive CL4 Administrative Experience as stated above and I would like to further that into CL5 experience to allow a potential new way of being able to aid the site, being able to personally grant site staff such as CL3+ researchers the ability to study, perform and research various biological tests such as SCP-008, or SCP-914 with Biological matter (D-Class/Humans mostly)

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:

I am the best candidate for the Ethics Committee as whenever I am on site, I can perform and a lot of the time out-perform the standard duties of ECA, allowing me to potentially be more acquainted with the higher-duty tasks that come with the role of Ethics Committee Member, some of which I find myself performing on behalf of the current Ethics Committee anyways, such as holding meetings for colleagues, or with higher clearance staff such as Site Administration if the Ethics Committee Member(s) are not on-site.

The second reason is that I have been on site for a significant amount of time. Within my time on site, I have learned many things about the Site, researched all different departmental duties, held various high positions within the site as well as ensured the site's health is maintained to the best of my ability, advising people on various tasks they should/shouldn't do, or to do them in certain ways.

My final reason for being the best candidate is that since first joining the site, I have become well acquainted with lots, if not most of the active Site staff from any Regiment/Department. I am regarded as being trustworthy, which of course is needed for a CL5 position and the information/power it possesses. I am also very active on-site, being one of the more active members of the Ethics Assistant team (Apart from this last week due to an emergency LOA regarding an IRL situation).

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
  • To create valid, healthy and noticeable Roleplay scenarios/situations for the server.
  • Overseeing individual Departments/Department Groups for Ethical Reviews in conjunction with Site Administrations' monthly review. To add to this, ensuring all Site Staff remain Ethical, and perform their duties to their procedures as well as tasking Ethics Committee Assistants to perhaps closely inspect certain departments/personnel in case of reports of Unethical Behaviour.
  • Organise and authorise Code Black situations, if the situation needs it, as well as, in rare cases, be the mast of Activation of Alpha Warhead (with SL+ approval) If the Site is beyond saving, ERT has failed and another wave would not be worth waiting for due to the chaos caused by the SCP breach.
  • Assisting Site personnel with any issues or problems they may have, possibly directing them to the appropriate people/department.
  • Creating, Organising, Hosting and Running tribunals for CL4 Personnel (Can also be performed for CL3 and below personnel, though the task is usually handed to Ethics Committee Assistants).
  • To Authorise certain tests to happen, such as SCP-914 with Biological objects (Most of the time D-Class units) as well as approval of SCP-008 tests to be done by either Senior Researchers, with an Executive overseeing it, or higher clearance Research Personnel such as Executives or the Director. This can also include Cross Tests which would require Ethics Committee Approval (Random examples being SCP-079 and SCP-682 cross-tests)
  • Ensure all Site Staff remain to a standard set by my opinion, as well as against the FLC.
  • Distributing Ethics Committee Assistants various tasks, such as Sampling, Information Gathering, Auditing etc.
  • Authorising certain needed protocols for departments such as the agreement of Mass Termination of D-Class units outside of the Class D Checkpoint, and ensuring that this is followed correctly, in case certain site personnel were to attempt to bend this procedure to their own will. They can also authorise the task of MTF NCO+ Personnel to acquire Advanced Armoury, ensuring the door is manned, and used appropriately and then at the end of the situation, all Advanced Armoury weapons/items are returned if un-used.
  • Charging O-1 with various duties, and orders as well as working closely with them and ensuring their role is utilised fully within RP.
  • In rare cases, hosting meetings/attending meetings/comms discussions (UNGOC Mainly) regarding various things such as a hostage buy-back, discussions of a potential new agreement/contract, or other various important situations that may arise.
What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):

• Approval/Denial of Ethics Committee Assistant applications.
  • If approval of the above, then hosting interviews for the accepted applications of Ethics Committee Assistant, then handing out the whitelist.
  • Approval/Denial of Director of Internal Affairs Applicants
  • If approval of the above, then hosting interviews for the accepted applications of the Internal Affairs Director, then handing out the whitelist.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Otters

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

Was cool when I met him, will probs do good n stuff

Reactions: Casey Solburn

Grong

Dec 30, 2022
+Support
-Very interested in the role and has shown this to me many times while talking to him in DMs
-Active
-Very Competent
-Good experience

Reactions: Casey Solburn

Nick "Name"

Sep 27, 2023
+support
- amazing interactions
- amazing roleplay experience and CL4 experience
- make this man ECM already
- competent for the position
- bald