Denied Use Matadors on SCPs

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Donator
Jan 18, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Firstly I'd like to underline that I think this should be allowed on the surface as I don't see a problem in using explosives on the surface.
As it currently stands a Matadors should not be used on SCPs and only on armored vehicles, I suggest to change it so a Matador may be used on SCPs as well.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
-Have all the AA be usable on SCPs
- Currently matadors are only used once every hour to destroy 1 BTR and then rot in the inventory of the player
- Help fight SCP that hide in buildings or camp in rooms

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- Crossfire potential
- the Matador will be used outside the manufactures intent

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I think its better to just have all the AA be allowed on SCPs as excluding a singular weapon from it seems odd, we currently have Nitro that is a even more powerful explosion allowed indoors and on SCPs with that in mind I can not understand why a Matador is not allowed. Every AA is a weapon of destruction that can be used interchangeably and the Matador plays into that. Furthermore I understand there is crossfire potential but so is there one with Nervgas and Nitro. Although both of those are allowed. I support the usage of Matadors outside on surface SCPs in particular as it makes sense to use explosive on a target in an open area. Adding to that UNGOC has the airstrike they are allowed to use on SCPs, in my opinion using a rocket launcher on a SCP seems more sensible than cluster bombing it. Speaking on surface SCPs the crossfire should be minimal as nobody should stand that close to these SCPs.
The Matadors intent of usage is on armored vehicles but I don't see why the Foundation would not use it on SCPs they wish to destroy.
I also don't think the matador is OP as it doesn't do extreme damage and would be on par with the Auger in damage output, it really can help when the SCP is camping in a building or other areas giving the ability to do damage without sacrificing 20 people.

Currently it is seen as "Common Sense" that using a Matador on SCPs is wrong, with which I do not agree. I'd like you to consider my suggestion or maybe clarify that the matador can not under any circumstances be used on SCPs.

The rule

2.1 Use equipment realistically - Equipment must be used realistically and not be abused. Enhanced Armoury equipment must not be used against human combatants, a matador can be used against armoured vehicles. This rule does not extend to SCPs, however, there must be 2 or more SCPs breached for Enhanced Armoury equipment to be used.

Makes it seem that Matadors are ok to be used on SCPs

*edit
it has been pointed out that the Matador is a bad weapon, but this fact does not support the ban of its use, if its bad people wont use it but people shouln't be punished for using it

Last edited:

Karol 'Negotiator' W.

Blacklisted Player
Jan 29, 2023
+support
As already Stated I don't see a reason why Matadors shouldn't be used on Surface scps, while UNGOC can use a 1000lb bomb on them. There's literally no good reason at all why it should be FailRP to use Matadors on Surface scps.

RedBubble55

Jun 21, 2022
West Midlands, UK
Neutral

The Matador does not do more than 100 damage, or if so just around a hundred against an SCP, and the time it takes to pull out and fire then reload. You could have done more than 300 in that time with a normal rifle. It would most likely require changing the weapon's damage which then could affect the current balance of the weapon,

It is goofy and kinda funny, but just because something is that does not mean it should be allowed.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
Neutral

It's honestly just a waste of AA to use it on SCPs as it does no better damage than a regular gun, it would be better to have it always ready for countering BTRs

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
Would be decent against swarms of 049-2 and 008-2. It should be allowed, but should be prevented from being used on individual SCPs
/ Partial Support

KFC is LIFE

Jun 18, 2022
+Support

Matadors are very rarely used, and if so the reasoning behind them being used is normally against an enemy vehicle. Although it isn't adviced that they be used on SCPs, it shouldn't be FRP to do. It makes sense, that in a situation where SCPs are breaking through garage door that MTF Nu-7 or EA would use all types of force to get rid of the threat. This is including Matadors if they have them on hand

Moon

Jul 12, 2022
no point in using the matador, nerve gas and auger are wayyyy better

Silvestro

Apr 24, 2023
Neutral support
my reasoning is that although it might seem like a great idea it’s very controversial, as using AA at all breaks the foundations code. as we aren’t the GOC we are here to protect. with that being said if 682 or 7722 breach i can support the use of the matador as 682 is actually immortal and 7722 is stupid strong.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
Neutral

Results in some REALLY funny stuff happening
Crossfire will be an issue
Its a Matador on a Fucking SCP

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Read the suggestion my guy, he stated SURFACE scps not inside

Evil

Jun 24, 2022
Read the suggestion my guy, he stated SURFACE scps not inside
oh ok
-support
- yall don't need a god damn matador for surface scp or any scp in general, hell in most case you will miss the shot and waste it.
- Matadors are not suppose to be use for scp its to prevent ci, foundation or even civilians from controlling the surface with an lav
- unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.