People arent used to having to actually fight breaches anymore and it shows

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
Could be a keypad in E11 bunks with a CL4 access to shut all BD's in HCZ 🤷 It would be something they would have (Might make this suggestion) Or giving access to some quarantine doors in LCZ to slow breaches to Medbay/Dblock/PW where core RP does happen.
No please, a cl4 button that closes all BD's will just nerf "smaller" scps since they cant break BD

Feb 4, 2023
Server runs like dogshit so your combative players just can't be bothered. Majority of the player base doesn't wish to roleplay anymore. Wonder why people leaving in droves.

Lets not forget the insta-gib SCPs that vaporise you without a second thought then have to run back (In the lag) to get slapped about again. Thats only if you weren't hit with a power failure and the keypads just fizzle out. Maximum inconvenience.
The truth.

cba fighting an already disadvantaged fight when everyone is rubber branding and half the time you struggle to even move.

Use be a time when you could drink some speed chems, and then run laps around SCPs and break their ankles, now with the lag it's just too inconsistent to outmanoeuvre SCPs.

Combat in general is currently unfun thanks to the lag, its no longer skill but more who can put the most bullets down a hallway and hope the guy they're shooting at teleports into the bullets.

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
why are we not considering a temporary blanket nerf to breaches until we do get improved server performance? stop focusing on the things we can't address and focus on the things we can.
they probably wont do it, nerfing breaches (and im guessing you mean increase breach timers) will make people drop the server/join US

As important as non-breach RP is in the server, so are SCP breaches, and a lot of people join to mainly play with scps

Since they cant do anything about server hardware, they have to isolate what content they added is bringing the most lag, if its dimensions, temporarily delete them until the issue is solved

If PACs are a problem (which i can see it happening, lots of times i encounter people using pacs which shows me errors instead of a model), disable them temporarily (this is something i strongly believe they wont do)

Jan 6, 2023
If PACs are a problem (which i can see it happening, lots of times i encounter people using pacs which shows me errors instead of a model), disable them temporarily (this is something i strongly believe they wont do)
my point still stands that PAC ought to be restricted to Sr. CL4/CL5 and events with how much lag they produce on custom imports

Prplex

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
Most of my points have been echoed here but I think the breach snowballing is particularly bad as if new e11 players are running into tg or 8837 or 076 in this lag they just don't wanna play and I can't blame them. But if there's nobody with an hcz spawn left it just gives the scps free will to go and breach whoever they please then arrive in lcz with almost full bm, two reality benders, 106 and 079 because realistically who wants to spend 5 minutes lagging down to hcz bottom to be killed by a teleporting 076 or headpop after like 2 seconds of combat. Tldr is if e11 don't wanna fight the breach rest of site is screwed