Denied Remove power outages

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes the power outages that occur during breaches, where everything is shut down and nothing can be repair for a certain time.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Better gameplay during a breach (no one likes spamming e on a door while techies can't physically fix it)
Assists RP all round

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Nerf for SCPs, since a major hurdle for MTFs is removed

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Power outages during breaches are a major pain in the ass. I don't mind the odd system going down, that's fair n whatnot. But when you're in the dark for what feels like forever, spamming E on a door to try and get out of spawn for 5 minutes whilst techies physically can't fix anything, to then die to an SCP and rise and repeat? It makes me want to pull my hair out. It'll also remove a major annoyance for other factions, since CI and GOC both draw their power from the same grid as F.

EDIT: Small clarification in case people get confused: This is a suggestion to remove the random power outages that typically occur during long breaches. The ones where EVERYTHING goes down for ages and nothing can be fixed. This is NOT a suggestion to remove triple breaches nor the triple breach alarm, I love those.

Last edited:

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
+Support
Major problem for E-11, we cannot deal with breaches due to the distance SCPs gain during these outages and also the time it takes to reach the SCPs, this completely halts all RP for almost 10-20 minutes.

"Arachnid"

Dec 5, 2022
I think it'd be fine if it didnt break all the keypads, There are times on off hours where no CL4 members are on site so tech experts are unable to fix keypads until ERT is called

SamPaval

May 26, 2022
Massive +support.

Power outages are not fun at all

It's not fun sitting at a keypad for 3 minutes trying to open it only to instantly die

Last edited:

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
+ Support
Remove the random outages cause the reactors can cause them now instead. All power outages do is inconvenience 99% of the server and drag out breaches far longer than they need to be

Remmy

CC Executive VIP
Donator
Dec 24, 2020
Complete and utter +Support.
I once spent two minutes trying to open checkpoint Charlie and by the time it opened the door behind me closed causing me to immediately disconnect from the server (I am not joking) and not log on for the rest of the night. Please remove this. Please.

YoRHaUmbra

Jun 24, 2022
+support

The chair in hell is waiting for you who ever tought this was an good idea (jk)

Alex/John Dingle

Donator
Sep 7, 2022
+Support
Making so that power outages can only happen when there are like 80+ players on would make it way better.

Glovano

Aug 19, 2022
-support
Changing this would be a pain and would take for a long time, I do not see any point of changing the outages and I do not have a problem with outages. Indeed it can be annoying but most of the time doors are broken by SCPs which allows you to enter the location without any problem.

dango

Dec 7, 2022
+support
I get it adds atmosphere to breaches but no one likes it when you have to spend 3 minutes spamming e on a door because rng decided to spit in your face

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
It makes no sense with the generator keep it so if generator is hacked then power outages but remove the random power outages that just happen in breaches
i know its not a skill issue im just trying to justify my -support without actually writing anything

also i never actually knew the power outages were unfixable i only play CI or did play CI i thought techys could fix em

also trying to get a reaction out of skittles so i can laugh at it later on just like how skittles complains about me all the time in the SCP RP discord thats the truth for you

Biscuits

Jan 2, 2023
i know its not a skill issue im just trying to justify my -support without actually writing anything

also i never actually knew the power outages were unfixable i only play CI or did play CI i thought techys could fix em

also trying to get a reaction out of skittles so i can laugh at it later on just like how skittles complains about me all the time in the SCP RP discord thats the truth for you
loser lol

• Love
Reactions: Skittles and Remmy

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
+/- Support

No, outages as a whole shouldn't be removed. They add nice ambience.

Yes, keypads going down should absolutely be removed from happening as a random event. The only time keypads should ever go down is when turbines are down or when CI uses that weird EMP chemical. Keypads going down all the time does nothing but make people want to leave the server and quit the breach.

Silverback

Dec 26, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Removes the power outages that occur during breaches, where everything is shut down and nothing can be repair for a certain time.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
Better gameplay during a breach (no one likes spamming e on a door while techies can't physically fix it)
Assists RP all round

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Nerf for SCPs, since a major hurdle for MTFs is removed

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Power outages during breaches are a major pain in the ass. I don't mind the odd system going down, that's fair n whatnot. But when you're in the dark for what feels like forever, spamming E on a door to try and get out of spawn for 5 minutes whilst techies physically can't fix anything, to then die to an SCP and rise and repeat? It makes me want to pull my hair out. It'll also remove a major annoyance for other factions, since CI and GOC both draw their power from the same grid as F.
+/- mixed
think the power outtages would be better if they used the fnaf 1 sound effect

Snavier

May 5, 2023
-/+ SUPPORT
I do not mind the idea of the outages but it's extremely easy if you have a good hacker to take down the power. At least have the emergency lighting and scanners on.

Status
Not open for further replies.