Accepted Ruling Change (Global Chain of Command, 4.1)

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Second

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This change will move "MTF Commissioned Officers" up to be on par with "Agency Managers" (imaged below)
1699753472608.png

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I don't believe so? (N/A)

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+ Will allow for MTF COs to "feel senior" in terms of authority on-site.
+ Overall just makes sense, GSD CPT and Exec. Researcher are miles easier to get than MTF LT+

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
- None I can think of?

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Instead of writing a paragraph, I will list off the differences between the 3 categories mentioned in this post to emphasize my points.

MTF Commissioned Officer:
- Slot limits
- Internally promoted
- Could take weeks or months of effort to achieve
- Classified as "Senior CL4", meaning you can not hold it alongside another Senior position.

Agency Manager:
- Slot limits
- Internally promoted
- Could take weeks or months of effort to achieve
- Classified as "Senior CL4", meaning you can not hold it alongside another Senior position.

Departmental Jr. CL4 (Exec. Researcher, GSD CPT, IA Ambassador, DEA Sp. Agent, Med. Consultant):
- No restrictions on slots (Meaning on a roster, not in-game job slots)
- Forum application for whitelists
- Easier to achieve
- Classified as "Junior CL4", meaning you can hold multiple (or even all) of the positions listed alongside others OR a Senior Position.

MTF Commissioned Officers share more in common with DEA Agency Manager than Departmental Jr. CL4, it would make more sense for them to have the same level of authority within the Chain of Command. This would also allow Site Admin/Site Command to properly respect them as "Senior" positions when it comes to policy changes, as having them be on par with Departmental Jr. CL4 makes it hard to have policies bend around them.

Thandois

Dec 28, 2022
+Support, wont make much a difference ingame as you never see assistants bossing around Officers anyways but it only makes sense

Painter

Jun 18, 2023
[REDACTED]
+support

plus support lore below
A CI raid is currently occurring at Site-??? in ?????, ??. Local MTF Nu-7 Boeing AH-64 Apache designated "Karoline" has estimated that upwards of 190 Chaos Insurgents participating in the raid, along with multiple BMD-4's supporting the Chaos Insurgency's push on the frontal gate. Onsite Mobile Task Force Nu-7 "Hammer Down" and the Department of External Affairs have 74 trained soldiers along with 230 onsite General Security Personnel.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" and Department of External Affairs Agency Manager Jimmy "Chan" External are currently overseeing the defense of Site-???.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" : F????, our men in the compound have no protection from the suppressing fire of those BMD-4s.

DEA AM "Chan" : I say that we send a few of your guys at the BMD-4's and they toss grenades in the commander hatches.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" : Are you insane?

DEA AM "Chan" : Yes.

Explosions can be heard in the compound outside and 3 MTF Nu-7 Operatives can be seen falling to the ground, hit by shrapnel from a 3UOR6 HE-T round.

DEA AM "Chan" : Alright MTF Nu-7, we are sending 10 of you boys to go take out 2 of those BMD-4's. You will be running at them with this satchel of frag grenades and tossing it in the roof hatches.

DEA AM "Chan" tosses the Nu-7 Operatives 2 belts of hand grenades.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" : No, you are crazy. If we position a firing team of 4 men behind a blockade on the west side of the compound with a PSRL-1 capable of penetrating the frontal armor of those BMD-4's.

DEA AM "Chan" : Erm, my rank is actually higher then your's, be quiet MAJ.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" raises their gun to shoot "Chan" in the face, but Combat Chef Not Swag Messiah shoots second in the back of the head with a graviton lance then eats cyanide.

DEA AM "Chan" : Alright, get out there boys and good luck.

The 10 MTF Nu-7 personnel push out of the gates and die immediately to heavy PKM suppressing fire on the front gate. The compound of the facility is lost and Chaos Insurgents manage to push deep into the facility, activating the onsite nuclear warhead and destroying the site, liberating SCP-???, SCP-173, and capturing multiple ??????? of SCP-????.

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
+support but already denied

Second

+support but already denied

But this isn't changing assistants...

"Onion"

Nov 20, 2022
in your walls
+support

plus support lore below
A CI raid is currently occurring at Site-??? in ?????, ??. Local MTF Nu-7 Boeing AH-64 Apache designated "Karoline" has estimated that upwards of 190 Chaos Insurgents participating in the raid, along with multiple BMD-4's supporting the Chaos Insurgency's push on the frontal gate. Onsite Mobile Task Force Nu-7 "Hammer Down" and the Department of External Affairs have 74 trained soldiers along with 230 onsite General Security Personnel.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" and Department of External Affairs Agency Manager Jimmy "Chan" External are currently overseeing the defense of Site-???.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" : F????, our men in the compound have no protection from the suppressing fire of those BMD-4s.

DEA AM "Chan" : I say that we send a few of your guys at the BMD-4's and they toss grenades in the commander hatches.

Explosions can be heard in the compound outside and 3 MTF Nu-7 Operatives can be seen falling to the ground, hit by shrapnel from a 3UOR6 HE-T round.

DEA AM "Chan" : Alright MTF Nu-7, we are sending 10 of you boys to go take out 2 of those BMD-4's. You will be running at them with this satchel of frag grenades and tossing it in the roof hatches.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" : No, you are crazy. If we position a firing team of 4 men behind a blockade on the west side of the compound with a PSRL-1 capable of penetrating the frontal armor of those BMD-4's.

MTF Nu-7 MAJ "Second" raises their gun to shoot "Chan" in the face, but Combat Chef Not Swag Messiah shoots second in the back of the head with a graviton lance then eats cyanide.

The 10 MTF Nu-7 personnel push out of the gates and die immediately to heavy PKM suppressing fire on the front gate. The compound of the facility is lost and Chaos Insurgents manage to push deep into the facility, activating the onsite nuclear warhead and destroying the site, liberating SCP-???, SCP-173, and capturing multiple ??????? of SCP-????.
+support good loer

Moxxie

Jul 17, 2022
+support

plus support lore below

average

Skittles

Donator
Oct 20, 2022
But this isn't changing assistants...
I mean, unless you are proposing agency managers be moved down, it affects assistants.

I still support the suggestion, but they are probs gonna deny it based on that sadly.

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
you should also put MTF NCOs where MTF COs are now

but yeah, as said above, it's going to be denied because it nerfs assistants in the chain of commanand (and assistants should always be above MTF tbh, i'm just supporting because i love chaos)

if you want a better shot at getting this accepted, consider the following revised order:
  1. O5 Council | Ethics Committee
  2. O5/Ethics Assistants (when under direct orders from O5/Ethics)
  3. Site Administration (Site Director, Manager & Advisor)
  4. Department Directors | Department Chiefs | MTF Commanders
  5. O5/Ethics Assistants (when not under direct orders from O5/Ethics)
  6. Agency Managers | MTF Commissioned Officers
  7. Executive Researchers | Medical Consultants | Ambassadors | Special Agents | Security Captains (...and MTF NCOs? :^) or maybe one down? alongside IA and DEA)
  8. Internal Affairs | External Affairs
  9. MTF Operatives
  10. Security Staff
  11. All other personnel
...actually now that i look, this chain of command needs a complete rework, there's several things that kinda don't make sense...

Last edited:
Reactions: Zen
Status
Not open for further replies.